My Tenancy

My Tenancy

Link to Tenant Handbook

If you are a tenant of Circle VHA please take time to read through this important information. This section helps explain some of the important parts of your tenancy agreement with us. Further information is available in the Tenant Handbook which is available here:  

You must occupy and furnish the property and use it solely as your only or principal home. Failure to occupy the property could result in Circle VHA commencing abandonment procedures and your tenancy being terminated.

You must keep us updated of any changes to your household. If you would like to add a person to your household, you must apply to Circle VHA for permission. Circle VHA will not allow any person to move into your home if it means the property becomes overcrowded. Please speak to your Tenancy Services Officer or get in touch.

You are responsible for decorating and furnishing your home and keeping it in good condition. There are specific rules regarding floor coverings in apartments and for information regarding these, you should contact your Tenancy Services Officer.

You are responsible for insuring the contents of your home. We strongly advise that you take out contents insurance to cover your possessions and valuables.

Link to more information about pet ownership.

We recognise the positive contribution that pets can make to a home and the significant benefits to their owners. However, we also know from experience that irresponsible ownership of pets can cause nuisance to other tenants and the wider community. As a result, it is necessary to have some rules in place to ensure that neighbours of pet owners are not adversely affected and to ensure pets are well cared for and living in appropriate environments.

Please download and read our Pet Brochure to assist you in completing the Pet Application Form below.

Pet Application Form

Need help or have questions about completing this form? Click here to contact us.

If you live in a property that has exclusive use of a garden, you are responsible for maintaining the garden area, any sheds, walls and fences.

Circle VHA has a legal obligation to service your gas boiler on an annual basis. You will be contacted by letter in advance of when the service is due and asked to contact Circle VHA or our contractor to arrange a suitable appointment. Failure to allow access for the servicing of the boiler will result in Circle VHA bringing a case to the Residential Tenancies Board to allow access. This is not an action that we take lightly, and we would urge you to arrange access for the service.

What is anti-social behaviour?

Everyone deserves to live peacefully in their home. Tenants should not have to experience nuisance behaviours or put up with harassment or intimidation from neighbours. We take all anti-social behaviour reports seriously and will take action on them.

Serious anti-social behaviour includes:

  • Arson,
  • Assault or threat of abuse or violence,
  • Drug dealing and use,
  • Criminal damage to property.

These are criminal offences and should be reported to the Gardaí immediately by calling 999 or 112 and then reported to Circle VHA. It is important to get the name and contact information of the Garda who was at the scene or took your report so your Tenancy Services Officer can follow up with them. Any damage caused to property should also be reported.

General anti-social behaviour

Can include noise disturbances from a neighbours house, but must be distinguished from general everyday noise such as cleaning, hoovering, children playing, conversations, use of stairs, and doors opening and closing.

It can sometimes be difficult being a neighbour and we would ask all our tenants to be considerate and tolerant. Sometimes a friendly word with a neighbour is enough to deal with an issue. If this does not work and there is persistent noise coming from a neighbours home at unsociable hours, we ask you to keep a log with dates and times of incidents which can then be given to your Tenancy Services Officer. 


Dog barking can be a nuisance and can also be an offence. We would suggest that you first talk to your neighbour to see if the matter can be resolved. If the matter cannot be resolved and the barking continues, you can report it to your Tenancy Services Officer. You can also report the issue to your local Dog Warden. You also have recourse to the District Court, after notifying your neighbour of your intention of doing so.

The Circle VHA Pet Policy can be found here: Download Circle VHA Pet Policy.

If you have concerns about the wellbeing and welfare of a pet, you can contact the ISPCA:

How do I report anti-social behaviour?

You should report any incident involving you or a member of your household to your Tenancy Services Officer. They will record and investigate accordingly as set out in our Anti-Social Behaviour Policy. If the incident is serious or of a criminal nature you will have to make a report to the Gardaí.

What happens after I make the report?

Your Tenancy Services Officer will investigate the report, you will receive a log to record any further instances, all parties will be contacted, and a statement taken. Circle VHA staff will follow our anti-social behaviour policy and may issue formal warnings, refer the case to the Residential Tenancies Board and serious anti-social behaviour could result in a termination of tenancy.

What if the anti-social behaviour involves a serious incident?

Incidents of a serious or criminal behaviour must be reported to the Gardaí immediately. You should let the Gardaí know if you fear for your own safety and you should ask for a pulse number when making your report. You can then report the incident on our website by clicking (Here-link to our tenant feedback page). Please include the pulse number, the name of the Garda and the station where you made your report to.

You can contact the Crime Victims Helpline here: