The Board is assisted by four committees that are authorised to make recommendations:
(Chair, Damian Kennedy)
The committee members are Damian Kennedy, Gemma Kavanagh, Michelle Ní Riordáin with external member Aoife Watters.
The purpose of the Finance, Audit, and Risk Committee is to:
- Oversee the efficient financial management of CVHA, including the collection, investment, and outlay of all monies utilised by the organisation
- Ensure that CVHA reports on its financial performance in line with appropriate financial reporting standards
- Ensure that CVHA operates a robust system of internal control and meets its compliance obligations
- Oversee the management and mitigation of risks facing the organisation.
(Chair, Keith Gillmor)
The committee members are Keith Gillmor and Richard McDonagh with external members Fr. Pat Carolan, John Deegan and Jane Doyle.
The purpose of the Development Committee is to:
- Assess proposed approaches to development to increase the number of properties managed by CVHA and so fulfil its mission to provide housing for people in need
- Assess individual development opportunities to determine how well these fit with CVHA’s strategy
- Approve and/or make recommendations to the Board in relation to the above in accordance with the Delegated Authority levels in the Development Framework
- The Committee will review its terms of reference and its effectiveness annually and propose any necessary changes to its terms of reference to the Board.
(Chair, Chris White)
The committee members are Chris White and Damian Kennedy, with external members Eamonn McGee and Amanda Snee.
The purpose of the Remuneration and Nominations Committee is to:
- To develop clear and robust policies and practices in relation to remuneration generally in the organisation to ensure that CVHA can attract and retain the right people and, in relation to the CEO, to determine his/her conditions of employment.
- To renew and refresh the Board and Board Committees with suitably qualified and experienced people both as vacancies arise and where opportunities to strengthen the Board are presented.
(Chair, Garret Tynan)
The committee members are Garret Tynan, Chris Ellison, and Eileen Patterson
The purpose of the Strategic Purpose Group is to:
- To review and support management in the delivery of the strategic plan in particular, reviewing the progress against the annual targets.