The Board is assisted by four committees that are authorised to make recommendations:
1. Finance, Audit and Risk
(Chair, Brian Shefflin)
The committee members are Brian Shefflin and Damian Kennedy, who is an external member.
The purpose of the Finance, Audit and Risk Committee (FARC) is to:
- Oversee the efficient financial management of CVHA, including the collection, investment, and outlay of all monies utilised by the organisation
- Ensure that CVHA reports on its financial performance in line with appropriate financial reporting standards
- Ensure that CVHA operates a robust system of internal control and meets its compliance obligations
- Oversee the management and mitigation of risks facing the organisation.
(Chair, Jane Doyle)
The committee members are Jane Doyle, Jerome Casey, Keith Gilmor and David Williams, who is an external member.
The purpose of the Development Committee is to:
- Assess proposed approaches to development to increase the number of properties managed by CVHA and so fulfil its mission to provide housing for people in need
- Assess individual development opportunities to determine how well these fit with CVHA’s strategy
- Approve and/or make recommendations to the Board in relation to the above in accordance with the Delegated Authority levels in the Development Framework
- The Committee will review its terms of reference and its effectiveness annually and propose any necessary changes to its terms of reference to the Board.
3. Remuneration and Nominations
(Chair, Jane Doyle)
The committee members are Jane Doyle, Chris White, Aoife Watters, Eamonn McGee and Amanda Snee, who are external members.
The purpose of the Remuneration and Nominations Committee (RNC) is to:
- In relation to Remuneration: to develop clear and robust policies and practices in relation to remuneration generally in the organisation to ensure that CVHA can attract and retain the right people and, in relation to the CEO, to determine his/her conditions of employment.
- In relation to nominations to the Board: to renew and refresh the Board and Board Committees with suitably qualified and experienced people both as vacancies arise and where opportunities to strengthen the Board are presented.
4. Strategic Purpose Group
(Chair, Chris Ellison)
The committee members are Chris Ellison, Aoife Watters, Joan Green, Gráinne Ní Dhubhghaill and Garret Tynan.
The purpose of the Strategic Purpose Group is to:
- To review and support management in the delivery of the strategic plan for 2019 and beyond.